When your confidence is low, it can be tough to find the will and the momentum to take the action that’s going to lead you to becoming the best, most confident version of yourself.
Confidence comes in waves – sometimes you feel super confident, like you can take on the world, and other days your confidence is so low, you just want to curl up into the foetal position on the floor in your pajamas.
The key is to recognize when your confidence needs a boost, and knowing what to do to kickstart it back into action!
That’s why I’ve put together a list of 25 easy ways to boost your confidence for those days when you can’t muster the energy or the drive to keep on keeping on.
Keep this list bookmarked and when you run into one of those days when your confidence is dragging along on the floor, pick one or two of the items on the list, do them and see how it changes your mood and lifts your confidence.
25 Easy Ways to Boost Your Confidence
- Look at yourself in the mirror and repeat an affirming, positive mantra until you feel your confidence shift.
- Write a list of 10 things you’re grateful for.
- Move your body for 15 minutes, whether it’s going for a walk, doing some yoga stretches or going for a run.
- Turn on your favorite music – LOUD! And dance like no one’s watching.
- Introspection. Journal about the source of your current low confidence.
- Call a friend or loved one. Tell them how you’re feeling, hear what they have to say with an open heart and mind and then tell them what you love about them.
- Pop into your hairdresser and have your hair done. Even if it’s just a wash and blow dry.
- Get into nature & savor the smells and the surroundings. Walk barefoot and take deep breaths.
- Spend time with animals. Talk to your pets, or your neighbor’s pets, or visit the shelter and give some furry creatures your love and attention.
- Visualize your most confident self. What does she look like? How does she feel? How does she behave?
- Act as if. Stand, talk, dress, behave the way you believe a confident person would.
- Postures and Poses. For 5 minutes, stand tall, lift your head and put your hands on your hips like Super Woman would.
- Listen to a personal development podcast.
- Write out all the things you’ve achieved in your life.
- Practice the activity that you know you’re good at. Whether it’s baking, painting or hoola hooping.
- Declutter your immediate surroundings and breath in the clarity and clean energy.
- Read 10 pages of an inspiring book or article.
- Change up your routine. Go somewhere new to work or read, like a coffee shop or a co-working space,
- At the end of the day, write out all the compliments and kind words you received that day. Save them in a jar & on days when you need a boost, pick a few out and read them out loud until you feel the confidence return.
- Learn something new. Whether it’s a skill or an interesting fact. Broaden your horizons.
- Write a list of all the people you’ve helped and positively impacted over the years.
- Reach out to and meet with a mentor over coffee.
- Be still. Sit quietly, breathe and observe your thoughts as an outsider with no judgement, only curiosity.
- Unplug from social media.
- Do that one thing that you’ve been avoiding for ages, get it done once and for all & tick it off your to-do list.
PLUS one more bonus tip…
26. Do my Conscious Confidence online course! 😉
So that’s my list of 25 easy ways to boost your confidence. Got anything to add? Let me know in the comments below what you do to boost your confidence.