In this video I show you a behind the scenes look at a Remote Photo Shoot. I’m in Oudsthoorn, my client (and friend) Tracy Gold is in New York!
While there are some obvious limitations, this is a great interim option, or for some people like my overseas clients, an alternative to traditional photo sessions.
If you’re interested in booking your own remote photo shoot, then watch this video and see what you can expect
>>> PRESS PLAY >>>
Tracy and I used to do shoots together every month when we both lived in Cape Town!!
Lock down, moving to the countryside (and moving country!), Covid-19: they’ve all had a massive impact on both our businesses and our ability to continue to create together.
But, I’ve found the solution.
Not only for Tracy and I, but also for my portrait photography clients! And I know professional photographers everywhere are stressing about being able to photo shoots again too.
That’s why I’m super excited to introduce a new way of doing portrait photography.
How the Remote Photo Shoot Works:
These Remote Photo Shoots happen on iPhone to iPhone. (Sorry Android users! – Watch this space!)
Once the booking has been confirmed you’ll be sent instructions on the app to download to your iPhone.
What you’ll need to know about the Remote Photo Shoot:
- You need a decent internet connection to stream video
- You need a tripod with a phone bracket. Don’t have tripod? Don’t worry, I’ve got a tripod hack for you! Alternatively, ask a friend or family member to join you for the shoot to hold the phone (and provide you with behind the lens laughs!)
- You’ll need to do your hair and makeup for the shoot (if that’s important for your images). You can either book a professional, or do your own, or ask that friend or family member to help you!
- Decide on 2 outfits for the shoot. The shoot duration is 30 minutes long, but factor in an extra 15 minutes to get setup and to change outfits.
- Decide on the room in your home you want to shoot in. (Hint: it’s the one with the best window light at the time of day you’ve booked your shoot for).
- Tidy up that room!
- Have a chair handy for using during the shoot as well as any props or accessories you want to include.
- Think of where and how you’ll be using these photos – on your website, newsletter, sign up form, online course thumbnail…do you have any specific Call To Action shots you need?
- You’ll have ALL the unedited photos from the shoot, but you’ll send me your top 5 favourites that I’ll professionally edit for you. Additional edits will be charged separately at R100/$10 each.
- The image quality is dependent on the camera of YOUR iPhone, and obviously will not be at the same quality level of a professional DSLR camera.
- You get my years of experience and training to guide you into poses, best lighting, camera angle and framing.
Book Your Remote Photo Shoot Now
Add An Online Styling Session with Tracy Gold
Now that we’re both rocking the online space, you can benefit from an Online Styling Session with Tracy ahead of your Remote Photo Shoot with me.
PLUS, because you’re my reader, you can get $50 off Tracy’s fee. Just tell her you found her through this post!
What do you think?
Are you curious to experience a Remote Photo Shoot? Does this sound easier than a full professional photo shoot in studio with a big camera and production?
I’d love to hear your thoughts.